Scholarship Applications will open again in March 2024
Special Love, Inc.’s Kay/Moore Scholarship Fund for Young Adults with Cancer provides educational scholarships to former and current pediatric cancer patients. Age 17 to 25, pursuing post-secondary education or training and who are or have participated in Special Love programming.
Scholarships help them move past their cancer journey to attend college and live out their dreams for a fruitful future. These young men and women endured challenges and heartache during their treatments, and moved on with their lives by exhibiting great courage and strength. All have determined not to let cancer define them, or limit their futures.
Each year, the fund awards scholarships to applicants who have demonstrated a financial need, academic potential and involvement with Special Love programming.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,500, and are intended to cover the student’s tuition and school fees only.
Questions? Email email@example.com, or call (888) 930-2707.
*Please note that you are eligible to re-apply if you have received this scholarships in the past*
2023 Scholarship Recipients
Special Love was delighted to award 20 Kay/Moore Educational Scholarships to the following young adult survivors, who are attending colleges and universities such as Beacon College, East Carolina University, George Mason University, Lord Fairfax Community College, Shenandoah University, University of Michigan Medical School, and Virginia Tech:
- Gavin Bigelow
- Evelyn Brabant
- Caden Cozzolino
- Brianna Daly
- Tatum Foster, Yuen Foundation Educational Scholarship
- Emily Friar
- Mia Gonzales Jackson, The Hahn Family Educational Scholarship
- Devin Guevara, Barbara Atkeson Smith Memorial Scholarship
- Katherine Heavner, Hayden’s Journey of Inspiration Educational Scholarship
- Jason Hill
- Collin Hong
- Catherine Johnson, Karen Neilsen Memorial Scholarship
- Tyler Jones, Dennis Chastain Memorial Scholarship
- Christopher Keely
- Tara Sanker, Kay Hobbs Owens Memorial Scholarship
- William Shannon, Malloy Automotive Educational Scholarship
- Navin Slater-Ranjit, E&G Group Educational Scholarship
- Katie Sobey, Steven Rurka Memoriał Scholarship
- Newton Timilsina
- Tyler Truex
For more information, contact Jan Bresch.