2021 Scholarship Recipients
Each year, Special Love awards Kay/Moore Educational Scholarships to young adults who have undergone treatment for cancer and are now ready to move past their cancer journey, attend college and trade schools, and live out their dreams for a fruitful future.
Special Love’s young scholarship recipients have endured challenges and heartache during their treatments and move on with their lives by exhibiting great courage and strength. All have determined not to let cancer define them, or limit their futures.
Many scholarship recipients pursue careers in the medical and social work fields because they understand how important those individuals are in helping a child – and family – through the medical nightmare of pediatric cancer.
Special Love was delighted to award 20 Kay/Moore Educational Scholarships to the following young adult survivors, who are attending colleges and universities such as Beacon College, East Carolina University, George Mason University, Lord Fairfax Community College, Shenandoah University, University of Michigan Medical School, and Virginia Tech:
- Olivia Adams, The Hahn Family Educational Scholarship
- Alesia Allen
- James Alverson, The Hahn Family Educational Scholarship
- Nadia Anderson
- Tsadet Brannon
- Margaret Gallagher, Dennis Chastain Memorial Scholarship
- John Gonzalez
- Collin Hong, Taylor Family Foundation Educational Scholarship
- Tyler Jones, The Bresch Family Educational Scholarship
- Christopher Keely
- Brady McKay
- Destiny McKenzie, Malloy Automotive Educational Scholarship
- Seth Middlecoop, Brendan Meehan Educational Scholarship
- William Peterson, Karen Nielson Memorial Scholarship
- Josh Rubin
- Rachel Simon, Koo & Patricia Yuen Educational Scholarship
- Connor Steele
- Arriana Tan
- Jacqueline Verrecchia
- Delaney Wahl
For more information, contact Jan Bresch.