Special Love, Inc.’s Kay/Moore Scholarship Fund for Young Adults with Cancer provides educational scholarships to former and current pediatric cancer patients. Age 18 to 30, pursuing post-secondary education or training and who are or have participated in Special Love programming.
Scholarships help them move past their cancer journey to attend college and live out their dreams for a fruitful future. These young men and women endured challenges and heartache during their treatments, and moved on with their lives by exhibiting great courage and strength. All have determined not to let cancer define them, or limit their futures.
Each year, the fund makes scholarship awards to applicants who have demonstrated a financial need, academic potential and involvement with Special Love programming.
Grants range from $1,000 to $3,500, and are intended to cover the student’s tuition and school fees only.
Questions? Email email@example.com, or call (888) 930-2707.
Eligibility for a scholarship is restricted solely to applicants who are, or have been, participants of at least one Special Love program – either in-person or virtually — and are 18 to 30 years of age.
Scholarships are awarded based on the applications:
- Academic Performance and Potential
- Financial Need
- Personal Need, and;
- The completeness of the application process.
2022 Application Process Has Now Closed
Kay Moore Scholarship
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Special Love was delighted to award 20 Kay/Moore Educational Scholarships to the following young adult survivors, who are attending colleges and universities such as Beacon College, East Carolina University, George Mason University, Lord Fairfax Community College, Shenandoah University, University of Michigan Medical School, and Virginia Tech:
- Olivia Adams, The Hahn Family Educational Scholarship
- Alesia Allen
- James Alverson, The Hahn Family Educational Scholarship
- Nadia Anderson
- Tsadet Brannon
- Margaret Gallagher, Dennis Chastain Memorial Scholarship
- John Gonzalez
- Collin Hong, Taylor Family Foundation Educational Scholarship
- Tyler Jones, The Bresch Family Educational Scholarship
- Christopher Keely
- Brady McKay
- Destiny McKenzie, Malloy Automotive Educational Scholarship
- Seth Middlecoop, Brendan Meehan Educational Scholarship
- William Peterson, Karen Nielson Memorial Scholarship
- Josh Rubin
- Rachel Simon, Koo & Patricia Yuen Educational Scholarship
- Connor Steele
- Arriana Tan
- Jacqueline Verrecchia
- Delaney Wahl
For more information, contact Jan Bresch.